ESUPS supports the definition of coordinated and coherent national and regional pre-positioning strategies. This will ensure that the humanitarian community has the right items, in the right quantities and in the right places, with minimum duplication or gaps, to facilitate their timely and efficient dispatch and replenishment.
We aim to:
- Reduce gaps and overlaps in emergency supplies pre-positioning.
- Improve the predictability and relevance of pre-positioned emergency supplies.
- Promote loan-borrowing, joint procurement, data sharing and postponement practices.
- Support logistics localisation by providing tools and information to local authorities holding decision-making power.
- Increase the overall speed of a response by ensuring the appropriate relief items are stored in the right locations, reducing delivery time.
- Ensure that donors funds are used more efficiently by improving stock-related preparedness measures.
The most critical relief items we focus on are blankets, hygiene kits, kitchen sets, latrines, mosquito nets, tarpaulins, shelter kits, tents, water containers, water purification units, solar lights and generators.
This list is not exclusive and ESUPS will adapt depending on the context of intervention.