As previously announced on LinkedIn and Facebook, ESUPS will be present at the annual Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week (HNPW).
The event brings together more than 2000 experts in crisis preparedness and response from over 350 organizations and countries. It is co-hosted by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
The HNPW will take place from 2nd to 20th May in a hybrid format, with both face-to-face and remote sessions. From May 9th until 13th, face-to-face sessions and meetings will be held at the Centre International de Conférences Genève (CICG) in Geneva. Most of the face-to-face sessions are also available remotely.
ESUPS will hold two sessions during this week. You can join the sessions either in person in Geneva or remotely, after registering using the links provided below. For those choosing to join remotely, a connection link will be provided in due course. The platform used will be Zoom.
- Session 1 – ESUPS: latest updates
May 10, 9.00-10.30 am UTC+2
The session will be in English and is available both in Geneva and remotely.
Registration link: https://bit.ly/ESUPS_updates
In this session, we will present the latest updates on ESUPS project, covering:
– Our country-wide analysis of pre-positioned relief items in Madagascar. This includes collective recommendations on where relief items should be re-allocated or complemented in order to reach an optimum stock level.
– Preliminary results of research study on the impact of loaning and borrowing stock among humanitarian actors, conducted by Ozyegin University.
– Status of STOCKHOLM platform, a visual pre-positioned stock mapping and analysis tool developed by ESUPS. STOCKHOLM platform will also have a dedicated session in the afternoon (see below).
– Next steps of the project.
- Session 2- ESUPS: presentation of STOCKHOLM platform
May 10, 2.00-3.30 pm UTC+2
The session will be in English in Geneva, in English or Spanish remotely.
Registration link: https://bit.ly/ESUPS_stockholm
The focus of this session is on STOCKHOLM platform, a stock visualisation and analysis platform currently being developed by ESUPS.
We will present:
– The current and planned functionalities of the platform.
– A step-by-step process to demonstrate how to go from entering stock data to getting recommendations on what is the optimum stock pre-positioning strategy in a determined country.
– How the platform can be beneficial depending on one’s role in their organisation.
If you are in Geneva, come visit ESUPS exhibition stand at the CICG Exhibition Area (ground floor) to have a closer look at STOCKHOLM.
After the event, recordings of the sessions will be available on ESUPS website. Here you can watch the sessions that ESUPS held at the fully remote edition of HNPW 2021.
Looking forward to seeing you in Geneva or online!