What are we working on?
- Improving preparedness at regional levels by minimizing duplication/lack, distance and transportation of relief items to be deployed,
- Facilitating communication among stakeholders on a pre-set of relief items (Blankets, Hygiene kit, Kitchen sets, Latrines, Mosquito nets, Plastic sheets, Shelter repair kits, Tents, Water collecting and storage vessels, Water Purification units and Solar light and Battery generator),
- ESUPS helps to analyze if the right quantities of the most critical relief items are pre-positioned in the right places by using Models and Metrics in order to better make procurement decisions,
- Establishing mechanisms and advocating for sharing, loaning and borrowing of stocks between humanitarian actors,
- ESUPS is currently focused in Asia. The Philippines is the pilot country.