How to create an Item
Click to download this guide in PDF format.
Language / Idioma / Язык / Langue
The PDF guide is also available in: Español
Every item you create needs to be assigned to a pre-determined Item Group. This allows to aggregate and visualise items in the platform, regardless of how they are called by different humanitarian actors – so tarps, plastic sheet, plastic sheeting will all fall under the Item Group “Tarpaulins”.
If you don’t see any changes from one step to the next, try to refresh the page.
The actions described in this guide can be performed by: Super Admin, Admin GA, Facility Manager, Admin GA Donor, Facility Manager Donor.
1. Open the Manage Data section on STOCKHOLM platform.
2. Select Item List.
3. First let’s have a quick look at the viewing options for this page.
You can choose to display your existing items either as Cards or in a Table. In both cases, items can be sorted by name (alphabetical order or reverse).
In both viewing options, you can use the search bar on top to look for items.
4. Now let’s see how to create an Item. Click on the ADD button on the top right.
5. A pop-up window will appear. First you will need to complete STEP 1, entering the details of your item.
Enter your item name and add an optional description. Then select the appropriate Item Group from the drop-down menu (you can also type into the bar to look for an Item Group).
If you are not sure which Item Group to select, click on the link below the Item Group field. You will be redirected to an Excel file with details on the content of each Item Group.
6. Users with a role above the national level will see a “standard organisation item” box below the Item Group field. This box can be ticked if the item is part of a global catalogue with standard items. If the box is ticked, the item will become available for all users operating in your agency.
7. The “attribute type” list allows you to choose which attributes you want to attach to your item. You can tick all the boxes that are relevant for you, or even leave them all unticked. The attributes that you tick will be mandatory fields to inform when allocating your item to a facility (see How to allocate an Item to a Facility – option 1).
In our example, we are going to tick “donor” and “expiry date”.
8. Click on save on the bottom right part of the window.
Your item will now appear in the Item List page. You can move to STEP 2, which is covered in the guide How to allocate an Item to a Facility – option 1.